This post includes affiliate links, for which we may earn a commission at no extra cost to you should you make a purchase using our links. As an Amazon Associate, we can earn from qualifying purchases. Learn more.
Even in this age of technology and innovation, there comes a point in our busy lives, quite frequently, where we find ourselves at the mercy of a final few bars of our cellphone battery.Whether you have a cellphone, laptop, iPad, or any other gadget, you are bound to face the battery drainage issue. To avoid getting jammed in situations like these, you can always use a power bank to keep your devices charged.
The increase in the buying trends of power banks has led to a wide variety of them in the market. With so many different kinds of power banks in the market, choosing the one most suitable for you is going to take some effort.
Especially now, with the advent of USB-C type ports among gadgets, the manufacturers have begun focusing on creating power banks suited explicitly for phones and laptops supporting USB-C type ports.
We have succeeded in curating a diverse list of power banks, keeping the facts mentioned above in view, that fall into several different categories suiting your needs. It would be better to get to know a few things first, to get a much better understanding.
The Best USB-C Power Banks Compared
|Anker 20000 PD Essential Charger||Features: 20,000mAh, 24W Max, 342 Grams, Airplane: Yes, Fast Charging: Yes|
Benefits: Reasonable Capacity, Matte Surface Design, PD 2.0 Fast Charge
|QI Solar Charger Wireless Power Bank||Features: 25,000 mAh, 10.5W Max, 500 Grams, Airplane: Yes, Fast Charging: No|
Benefits: Impressive Capacity, Water Proof, Wireless Charging
|ZMI USB PD Backup Battery||Features: 20,000 mAh, 45W Max, 500 Grams, Airplane: Yes, Fast Charging: Yes|
Benefits: Impressive Capacity, PD feature, Mac Charging Capability
|Metecsmart Portable Power Bank||Features: 20,000 mAh, 18W Max, 450 Grams, Airplane: Yes, Fast Charging: Yes|
Benefits: Quick-Charge 3.0 Capable, Multiple Phone Charge, Price
|CRAVE PowerHUB Pro portable Charger||Features: 50,000 mAh, 75W Max, 1000 Grams, Airplane: Yes, Fast Charging: Yes|
Benefits: Huge Capacity, Fast Charging of all Devices, Simultaneous Charging
|EWEMOSI 31200 Laptop PowerBank||Features: 31,200 mAh, 100W Max, 900 Grams, Airplane Friendly: No, Fast Charging: Yes|
Benefits: Capacity, Cooling, Wattage
|RAVPower Portable Laptop Charger||Features: 20,100 mAh, 65W Max, 830 Grams, Airplane Friendly: Yes, Fast Charging: Yes|
Benefits: Price, Simultaneous Charging, Quick Recharge
|Charmast Smallest Portable PowerBank||Features: 10,400 mAh, 18W Max, 187 Grams, Airplane Friendly: Yes, Fast Charging: Yes|
Benefits: More Connectivity Options, Feature Rich, Ultra Light Weight
|Gnceei Wireless Power Bank||Features: 25,000 mAh, 12W Max, 340 Grams, Airplane Friendly: Yes, Fast Charge: Moderate|
Benefits: Design, LED Display, Simultaneous Charging
|CORNMI 10000mAh Power Bank||Features: 10,000 mAh, 10W Max, 194 Grams, Airplane Friendly: Yes, Fast Charging: No|
Benefits: Portability, Very Low Priced, Ports
|Dell Hybrid Power Bank||Features: 12,800 mAh, 45W Max, 700 Grams, Airplane Friendly: Yes, Fast Charging: No|
Benefits: Price, Design
|Omni 20+ Portable Power Bank||Features: 20,000 mAh, 60W Max, 370 Grams, Airplane Friendly: Yes, Fast Charging: Yes|
Benefits: Ample amount of ports, Compact Flat Design, Capable Of Wireless Charging, Light Weight
Before examining each power bank a bit closer, here are some of the main features that we need to better understand.
Until quite recently, the most prevalent ports among all cellphones were the USB Type-A, or more commonly known as USB-A, ports. Now, almost every new phone that arrives in the market has a Type-C connection. This new port has several advantages over the older Type-As.
The most significant of them is that the more modern version allows users to insert it, either way, thanks to its symmetrical design. It was one of the significant advantages that the apple’s reversible lightning port had over USB Type-A. Coming back to the comparison between Type-A and Type-C, the recent versions have a higher transfer rate than their predecessors as well as more efficient power transfer mechanisms.
Several characteristics have to be kept in mind and considered before making a decision. Knowledge of specifications like capacity, size, weight, output power, as well as the fast-charge capabilities, is necessary to choose the best power bank that suits your needs.
One of the foremost things to look at while buying a power bank is the types of ports and the number of ports of the power bank. The ports determine the charging speed as well as the different kinds of gadgets and devices that you’ll be charging with it.
mAh and Weight
The size and amps are also deciding factors when it comes to buying power banks. The higher the ampere rating of the power bank, the more significant the number of times you can charge your phones and laptops. Also, you wouldn’t want your power banks to be bulkier as they need to be carried around in your pocket or a bag.
The wattage of a power bank port is the real determiner of the fast-charge ability. Also, it is imperative to consider when looking to buy a power bank to charge your laptops and MacBooks. In case some of you don’t know, Watt is the unit of power, and it is the product of volts and amperes. As a consequence, higher Watts mean more Power and will result in juicing up your batteries quicker.
Amperes – Charging Speed
The ampere rating of a power bank coupled with the voltage determines the speed with which your devices will charge. Power Banks with higher ampere ratings are bound to charge devices faster. Power banks with ratings 2.0 Amps and up are a better choice.
Without further ado, let’s delve into the list of power banks below:
1. Anker 20000 PD Essential Charger – Best Anker USB-C Powerbank
Among a vast number of power banks in the market, the Anker 20000 power bank provides users with a perfect blend of specifications and design.
The design of the power bank is unique. Unlike most of the power banks available in the market, the Anker Power Core is designed in a way to reduce the weight of the battery pack.The matte finish of the plastic body ensures that the device is resistant to sweat and smudges. The plastic body helps make the product lighter and more comfortable to carry around.
Anker 20000 USB-c portable charger is a very nice pick, packing with itself a plethora of features.
- The capacity of the power bank stands at 20000mAh
– The capacity of the power bank is quite impressive, given its compact design. It indicates that you can charge your iPhone 11 Pro max almost five times before needing to charge this power bank.
- The power bank has two output ports and a single input port.
– The input port supports the 30W USB-C PD standard. The USB-C output port supports PD 2.0 standard, with a maximum power rating of 24W (12V/1.9A) while the USB-A output port has a max power rating of 10W (5V/2A).
- It offers an impressive Power Delivery (PD) 2.0 fast-charging capability.
- You don’t need to worry about carrying it on an airplane.
– The power rating of the power bank is well below the limit. You can only carry a maximum of two power banks with you on a plane.
- The net weight of the whole battery pack is around 342 grams.
- Reasonable Capacity
- Matte Surface Design
- PD 2.0 Fast Charge
- Slightly bulky
2. QI Solar Charger Wireless Power Bank – Best Solar USB-C Power Bank
Amid all kinds of different power banks available to buy, the solar power banks are the most eye-catching. The main advantage of these is that they do not need a power source to charge.
The solar power bank arrives with five foldable solar panels. Among these, four of the solar panels are detachable. The power bank itself is about one inch thick.
The plastic body is smooth to the touch and is bound to retain smudges on its surface. Despite the use of lightweight plastic in its manufacturing, the product is quite bulky.
- QI Solar Charger has an impressive capacity of 25000mAh.
– Given its impressive capacity, the power bank is bound to take longer to charge itself fully than other non-solar power banks.
- The power bank has got two output ports and one input port.
– The two USB output ports are rated at 10.5W (5V/2.1A) each, while the Type-C input has a power rating of 10.5W (5V/2.1A). The solar input port has a 7.5W input port. The power ratings indicate that you will not be able to Quick-Charge your devices.
- The solar power bank does not provide any fast charging capability.
– A quick charge requires high power. A 10.5W power is not enough for the fast charging of devices.
- The weight of the power bank is 500 grams.
– The weight after removing the solar panels is 420 grams.
- You don’t need to worry about carrying it with you on an airplane.
- The power bank does not support laptops.
– Some other notable features to mention are its wireless charging capability and waterproof body.
- Impressive Capacity
- Water Proof
- Wireless Charging
- No Quick-Charge
3. ZMI USB PD Backup Battery – Best USB-C Power Bank for Macbook Pro
ZMI USB backup battery power bank has a sleek look and a smooth texture. Unlike other power banks, the battery pack arrives with an aluminum body. The metallic surface appears suave and shiny.Although it gives the power bank a premium look, It also makes the body of the ZMI USB power bank scratch-prone. Additionally, the metal surface is also less resistant to smudges when compared to the power banks with plastic frames. Overall the design of the charger is elegant and, it can fit easily inside a pocket.
ZMI USB PD Backup Battery has some excellent features, especially if you are looking for a power bank to charge your MacBook 2015 or MacBook Pro. The manufacturers have advertised the product to be working correctly with the Pixelbook and Nintendo Switch as well.
- The ampere capacity of the power ban is 20000mAh.
– With a 20000 capacity, you’ll be able to charge your 4000mAh battery about five times before you will need to juice-up this power bank.
- ZMI power bank has got a single USB-C input port and three output ports.
– Two of the three output ports are the standard USB-A Types. The USB-A types have a max power rating of 18W(9V/2A). One output port is a USB-C Type. This port has a maximum power rating of 45W (15V/3A). The single input port has a maximum power rating of 45W.
- The Power bank comes with the renowned Power Delivery feature.
– The power delivery feature comes in handy when you want to be able to fast charge your devices.
- You can charge a laptop with it.
– If you are having a laptop or a MacBook Pro like device which consumes a 45W rating, then you’ll be able to charge them as well with this ZMI Power Bank.
- The weight of the power bank is somewhere around 400 grams.
- It will be allowed on an airplane, as long as you are carrying only one ZMI power bank.
- Impressive Capacity
- PD feature
- Mac Charging Capability
- Satisfactory Ampere Capacity
- A bit Costly
4. Metecsmart Portable Power Bank – Best Type-C Power Bank
The Metecsmart power bank is smaller than most smartphones in length, with a width of only an inch. The design is not very different from most of the power banks. The power bank has a plastic body.
Currently, the manufacturers are offering the product only in black color. Those of you who aren’t a fan of the black color will have to make do with it. Build wise the design is okay, and it will fit nicely into your jeans pocket.
- The capacity of the power bank is the usual 20000mAh.
– Once more, the capacity of the power bank is limited to 20000mAh. It should be enough to last at least four charges of your phone device.
- There are two output ports studded in the device and one input port.
– The USB-C quick charge 3.0 power bank has two output ports with a max rating of 18W (9V/2A). The input port is also QC 3.0 capable, with a power rating of 18W.
- Metecsmart is capable of fast charging devices.
– One of the two output ports can quick-charge your phones. If you have a phone capable of QC 3.0, then you are in luck. Additionally, you can also charge the power bank itself using the quick charge feature.
- It is not capable of charging laptops, except a 12-inch MacBook.
– Unfortunately, you cannot charge laptops with the power bank.
- The weight of the power bank is around 450 grams.
- USB-C battery is airplane friendly.
- Quick-Charge 3.0 Capable
- Multiple Phone Charge
- Heats up Quickly
- Satisfactory Capacity
- Cannot Charge Laptops
5. CRAVE PowerHUB Pro portable Charger – Best Laptop Power Bank
CRAVE PowerHUB is amongst the best battery packs out there for charging devices ranging from cell phones to laptops.
The Crave PowerHUB has a sturdy design. The surface of the battery pack is smooth and black. The power hub feels a little heavy in hand, but you don’t have to worry about it falling and breaking apart.
It comes with two clips that can be attached to the power bank at the bottom and then used as a desktop stand.It does appear to be a little bulky, but you won’t be facing any problem carrying it around in your bags.
- The capacity, although not mentioned by the manufacturers, appears to be around 50,000mAh.
– Crave PowerHUB Pro has got tremendous charging capacity. Moreover, you can also charge up to four devices at a time with it. The large capacity power bank is one of a kind.
- One input port is present to charge the power hub, while it has four output ports.
– Among the four output ports, three are USB ports, and one port is USB-C. The USB-C (60W) port offers Power Delivery feature, and you’ll be able to fast-charge your devices with it. The three USB ports have a max power rating of (75W) and provide the capability of Quick-Charge.
- You’ll be able to fast-charge your appliances with this.
– The battery pack offers the Power Delivery (PD) feature as well as the Quick-Charge feature.
- The power hub supports laptops.
– Finally, with a power rating of 75 Watts, you’ll be able to charge almost any 15.6” laptop and below, with this PowerHub.
- Weight of the Crave PowerHUB is about one kilogram.
- The power hub is airplane friendly.
- Huge Capacity
- Fast Charging of all Devices
- Simultaneous Charging
- Able to Charge Most Laptops
6. EWEMOSI 31200 Laptop PowerBank – USB-C AC Outlet Power Bank
EWEMOSI power bank has a somewhat long cuboid shape. The edges of the power bank are curved, and all the ports are present on the top side of the power bank.
Currently, the power bank is available in only black color. The power bank has a thickness of about three inches. The design of the power bank makes it difficult to carry it around in a pocket. A flashlight is also present in the design of the power bank along with some small LEDs.
- The power bank boasts of an impressive 31200 mAh charging capacity.
– This capacity is enough to charge a phone more than seven times. The impressive volume ensures that users can keep their devices juiced up for a more extended period.
- EWEMOSI has got three output ports and one input port.
– Among the three outputs, the USB-C port has a rating of 5V/3.6A (MAX). The USB-A is 5V/3.4A (MAX). The AC outlet can provide wattage up to 100W.
- It does support simple Fast Charge capability.
- The Weight is around 900 grams.
- You can Charge Laptops with it.
– The wattage of the laptop is enough to charge virtually any laptop computer.
- One can take it on a plane, but you will need to have permission from the airline first.
- Fewer Ports
7. RAVPower Portable Laptop Charger – Best Price MacBook Power Bank
The appearance of the power bank is very different from most of the other battery packs in the market. RAVPOWER has a cuboid shape.The shape of the power bank makes it very cumbersome to carry around in a pocket.
It is available in only black color for now. The USB-C battery is about seven inches long and more than 3 inches thick. It gives it a bulky look. Furthermore, the weight of the power bank is about 900 grams.
- The capacity of the power bank is around 20100 mAH.
– As typical with most of the power banks in the market, the capacity remains limited at 20100 mAh
- RAVPower has got only one input port and three output ports.
– The DC input port (19V/1.6A) is used to charge the battery itself. The Type-C output port has a rating of 15W (5V/3A). Type-A has a rating of 12W (5V/2.4A). The AC output port has an impressive rating of 65W.
- The device is capable of fast charging your cell phones.
– Type-C port can be used to fast charge your mobile phones.
- Laptops are compatible with the USB-C power bank.
– This particular power bank is most suited for charging MacBooks. The MacBook power bank is capable of charging MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, and MacBook 12-inch. Furthermore, it can also charge surface pro four and Dell XPS 13-inch.
- RAVPower weighs about 830 grams.
- The power bank is airplane friendly.
- Simultaneous Charging
- Quick Recharge
- Few Ports
8. Charmast Smallest Portable PowerBank – Best Smallest USB-C Power Bank
Probably one of the smallest and lightest portable power banks that you can lay your hands on is Charmast power bank.The design of the USB-C quick charge 3.0 power bank is similar to the ordinary power banks, except Charmast is half the size of the other banks. It’s so small one can easily fit it into the palm of their hands. You can only buy it in black color presently. The body of the USB-C power bank is plastic, which contributes to it being this lightweight.
- The maximum ampere capacity of the power bank is 10400 mAh.
– The capacity of the power bank is not much. We believe you can charge most of your mobile phones at least two times before the power bank runs dry.
- It has two input ports and two output ports.
– The two input ports are Type-C and micro-USB. Micro USB and Type-C port have got a maximum power rating of 18W (5V-2A/9V-2A). USB outport has a max power rating of 18 Watts (QC 3.0)5-6V/3A 6-9V/2A 9-12V/1.5A). The Type-C also has an output of 18W 5-6V/3A 6-9V/2A 9-12V/1.5A.
- You can fast-charge your devices with this power bank.
– The power bank is capable of charging devices using the Quick-Charge 3.0 feature, as well as the Power-Delivery 3.0.
- Charmast power bank cannot charge laptops.
- The weight of the device is only 187 grams.
- You will not have a problem carrying it on a plane.
- Charging Ports
- Laptops Not Supported
9. Gnceei Wireless Power Bank – Best Wireless Portable Charger
Among all the wireless chargers that we observed, Gneeci had the sleekest design. The upper surface of the charger appears to be glass, which shows several readings acting as an LCD. This surface also acts as a wireless charging pad.
The thickness of the USB-C power bank is only about 0.6 inches. The color scheme yet available is exclusively black. The design of the power bank enables it to be carried around.
- The capacity of the power bank is 25000mAh.
– The capacity of the power bank is quite impressive, keeping in view the size of the power bank and its thickness.
- Two input and three output ports are present in the power bank.
– You can charge four devices simultaneously with this power bank.
- It is capable of Fast-Charging devices.
– Although the device does not offer QC and PD features, it still is capable of charging small devices fast enough.
- The weight of the power bank is 340 grams.
- Laptops are not supported.
- The power bank is plane friendly.
- LED Display
- Simultaneous Charging
- No QC or PD
10. CORNMI 10000mAh Power Bank – Most Affordable USB-C Power Bank
This power bank is perfect for those among us on a tight budget. It is quite challenging to find a power bank with features like the Cornmi has at such an affordable price.
The device is quite similar to most smartphones in its design. The thickness of the power bank is only about 0.5 inches. The slim design makes it easy to be carried around in a pocket.
The USB-C Power bank is one of the very few power banks with an LED display that shows the amount of power it still has. The build of this contributes to the small weight of the power bank.
- CORNMI has a capacity of 10000 mAh.
– As usual, with the small and light power banks in the market, the CORNMI has a minimal capacity of amperes to charge devices.
- It has three input ports and one output port.
– The Type-C input and the Micro-USB input have a power rating of 10W (5V/2A). The lightning input has a power rating of 7.5W (5V/1.5A). The standard USB output is a 10W(5V/2.0A) output.
- The device does not offer the Fast-Charge feature.
- CORNMI does not support laptops.
- The weight of the device is only 194 grams.
- Carrying this power bank on a plane is allowed.
- Very Low Priced
- No Fast-Charge
- Limited Capacity
- Laptops Not Supported
11. Dell Hybrid Power Bank – Best Dell USB-C Laptop Power Bank
The design of the dell power bank is one of the most illustrious designs out there in the market. It has a pseudo-slim design and a smooth metallic surface, which gives the product a premium look.
One half of the device is an adapter, and the other half is the power bank. The power bank is detachable from the adapter. Half metal and half plastic with contrasting colors of silver and black make the product look attractive.The build of this gadget allows you to tuck it inside your pocket, easily. The metallic touch does add a little to the weight of the power bank, but despite that, it is not heavy.
- The capacity of the power bank is limited to 12800 mAh only.
– Unlike most laptop power banks, the Dell Hybrid power bank has got an insufficient charging capacity. You’ll be able to charge your laptop two times, with the power bank.
- Dell Hybrid power bank has only three ports.
– There are only two charging ports on the power hub that can be used to charge your phones and laptops. One of these ports is a DC–Out port, which charges laptops with a rating of 45W. The second port is a USB port, with a score of 10W. The third port is used to charge the power bank.
- The battery pack does not offer fast charge capability.
- The weight of the charger is around 700 grams.
- This power bank can charge laptops.
– Most of the Dell Laptops in Dell Inspiron, as well as the Latitude series, can be charged with the power bank. The power bank also supports some of the XPS models.
- You can carry the power bank with you on a plane.
- Less Charging Ports
- Less Capacity
- No Fast Charge
12. Omni 20+ Portable Power Bank – Best USB-C Power Bank for Laptops
Omni Portable Power Bank is one of the very few power banks in the market that let you see the real-time charging status of your device.
The power bank has a flat futuristic look. The four sides of the power bank contain different ports. The USB-C PD power bank is only about an inch in thickness.
The flat style of the power bank looks excellent, but unfortunately, it won’t be fitting in your jeans pocket. The plastic body of the battery pack makes it incredibly light as compared to other power banks of its category.
- The capacity of the power bank is 20000 mAh
– Omni20+ power bank is capable of storing only 20,000 amperes. The amount is a little less than what’s ideally required form power banks.
- It has got two in/out ports and three output ports.
– The DC-in port (45W) used to charge the power bank can also be used as an output port with a max rating of an impressive 100W (5-25V/0.5-5A). USB-C is capable of providing 60W output and 40W input. The two USB-A ports can only be used as output ports and have a power rating of 15W (5V/3A).
- The power bank is capable of fast charging your device.
The high USB-C PD power bank can quickly charge your devices with high speed.
- The weight of the USB-C battery power bank is less than half a kilogram.
– The weight of the power bank is only around 370 grams. It makes it one of the lightest power banks present in the market.
- You will be able to charge virtually any laptop with this device.
- The power bank is not airplane friendly
You can carry it on a plane, but the airline needs to give prior permission.
- Ample amount of ports
- Compact Flat Design
- Capable Of Wireless Charging
- Light Weight
- Average Efficiency
- Absence Of DC Adapter
- High Price