Continuing its 10th-anniversary celebration, Cygames unveils its compilation “book”, published and written as a Famitsu magazine special for May 27th 2021.
The compilation, of course, tells a lot about the company during its earliest existence until today. But more peculiarly, Famitsu also reveals survey data, properly laying out enticing fan-relatable information for everyone to indulge and enjoy.
Table of Contents
Part 01: User Demographics
This data reveals the types of users of most of Cygames most popular titles. The data itself was extracted last April 2021, using at least 1,401 votes of the given survey poll.
Understandably, most users are typically male, although there is a peculiar concentration (with regards to popular Cygames’ titles) of at least more than 15% that are presumably teenage students.
- 72.7% Male
- 27.3% Female
- 16.1% – Less than 20
- 41.0% – 20’s
- 31.7% – 30’s
- 9.0% – 40’s
- 2.2% – 50’s and above
Part 02: Specific Question Polls
Q1. How did you get to know Cygames? (as a company)
Somehow, “I saw on Twitter” and “I saw on some live stream” ended up both tied at 9th place.
|1st||338 votes||I played Granblue Fantasy a lot…|
|2nd||184 votes||I saw a TV commercial (about the company)|
|3rd||135 votes||I played Shadowverse a lot…|
|4th||85 votes||I played Shingeki no Bahamut a lot…|
|5th||69 votes||Some relative or friend introduced me|
|6th||60 votes||I saw some ad outdoors, or on a magazine/online website|
|7th||52 votes||I played Princess Connect! Re: Dive a lot…|
|8th||23 votes||I receive a game invitation.|
|9th||21 votes||I saw on Twitter|
|9th||21 votes||I saw some live stream/broadcast about it|
Q2. What was the first Cygames title that you played?
Pretty straightforward question. Also includes titles no longer in service/supported by Cygames.
|1st||592 votes||Granblue Fantasy|
|3rd||181 votes||Shingeki no Bahamut|
|4th||104 votes||Princess Connect! Re: Dive|
|6th||56 votes||Umamusume Pretty Derby|
|7th||46 votes||Princess Connect!|
|8th||20 votes||Three Kingdoms Puzzle War|
|9th||11 votes||Little Noa|
|10th||7 votes||Granblue Fantasy Versus|
Q3. How long have you been involved with/playing Cygames (titles)?
Basically, how long since you’ve started to be a fan of their games.
- Less than a year – 6.1%
- About one to two years – 7.6%
- Two to four years – 28.3%
- Four to six years – 31.1%
- Six to eight years – 15.1%
- More than eight years – 11.8%
Q4. How many Cygames titles have you played in total? (so far)
Supporting the previous question is the number of games played by the survey participants.
- Just one title – 10.8%
- About two to three titles – 38.4%
- Four to five titles – 33.2%
- Six to seven titles – 11.5%
- Eight to nine titles – 2.9%
- More than ten titles – 3.2%
Q5. What Cygames title are you playing right now?
Well duh. Umamusume is obviously the hottest thing right now.
|1st||871 votes||Umamusume Pretty Derby|
|2nd||861 votes||Granblue Fantasy|
|3rd||618 votes||Princess Connect! Re: Dive|
|5th||249 votes||Granblue Fantasy Versus|
|7th||151 votes||Shingeki no Bahamut|
Q6. How long do you play Cygames titles in a single day?
Yup, the results seemed pretty typical for any popular mobile game today.
- Less than 30 minutes – 3.6%
- About 30 minutes to one hour – 13.6%
- One to two hours – 27.8%
- More than two hours – 55%
Q7. Which are the Cygames titles that you like the best?
The data also includes a few comments from the voters for each title listed.
#1: Granblue Fantasy (552 votes)
- More and more things keep pulling me back each year.
- Consistent artwork, so char design choice can’t just be due to artist preference.
- Gets easier play for newbies each year. Fast progression as well. Been hooked since.
- Probably an essential part of my life at this point.
#2: Umamusume Pretty Derby (345 votes)
- Been hooked to the anime series and loved it since.
- Live performance scenes are made so well.
- Filled with lots of actual historical references. You can feel the dedication.
#3: Princess Connect! Re: Dive (165 votes)
- Cute characters all around
- Protag is cute as well. You can feel the motherly instincts of users and characters alike
- Can be played casually and doesn’t take your time too much.
#4: Shadowverse (117 votes)
- Deck creation is among the best made for any mobile card game out there
- I love its story
#5: Shingeki no Bahamut (41 votes)
- The historical core of Cygames. It is both its foundation and highest point
- Nine whole years worth of story, for absolutely no cost at all!
Other Notable Comments
- Pixel art of World Flipper is so cute!
- Three Kingdoms Puzzle War evenly matches the sheer number of its scenes and chars with other Three Kingdoms-based games out there
- Kindai Mahjong All-Stars Touhaiden has been a dream, since I love mahjong manga
Q8. What is your personally recommended Cygames title?
The common theme is the overall sturdy build of the titles as high-replay value games.
#1: Umamusume Pretty Derby (739 votes)
- Appreciated by both old men and otaku!
- Enjoyable with its anime as well
- Very fun to play even without prior horse racing knowledge
#2: Granblue Fantasy (568 votes)
- Its characters, music, and battles really grip you tight
- So many other players who are willing to help you out
#3: Princess Connect! Re: Dive (417 votes)
- Short, enjoyable missions, the best multi-game for enjoying anime-ish scenes
#4: Shadowverse (226 votes)
- It is built as a real, hardcore trading card game, only that it is exclusively online
#5: Granblue Fantasy Versus
- It fixed my dislike towards fighting games, quite recommended to non-specialists
Q9. Who is your favorite character among Cygames titles?
A common poll usually taken every year. This year there are once again entries that kept their place within the top 10. In particular, this poll will be Sandalphon of Granblue Fantasy’s 7th time at the very top place this year.
|1st||60 votes||Sandalphon (Granblue Fantasy)|
|2nd||39 votes||Tokai Teio (Umamusume Pretty Derby)|
|3rd||37 votes||Rice Shower (Umamusume Pretty Derby)|
|4th||35 votes||Narmaya (Granblue Fantasy)|
|5th||31 votes||Belial (Granblue Fantasy)|
|6th||29 votes||Djeeta (Granblue Fantasy)|
|7th||26 votes||Pecorine (Princess Connect! Re: Dive)|
|8th||25 votes||Kyaru (Princess Connect! Re: Dive)|
|9th||20 votes||Agnes Tachyon (Umamusume Pretty Derby)|
|9th||20 votes||Bikara (Granblue Fantasy)|
Q10. Which character from Cygames titles would you like to be involved in a collab next time?
Oddly enough, the happy-go-lucky queen Gold Ship steals the first spot for this question.
|1st||189 votes||Gold Ship (Umamusume Pretty Derby)|
|2nd||46 votes||Djeeta (Granblue Fantasy)|
|3rd||32 votes||Sandalphon (Granblue Fantasy)|
|4th||25 votes||Gran (Granblue Fantasy)|
|5th||20 votes||Pecorine (Princess Connect! Re: Dive)|
|6th||19 votes||Tokai Teio (Umamusume Pretty Derby)|
|7th||18 votes||Special Week (Umamusume Pretty Derby)|
|8th||17 votes||Vyrn (Granblue Fantasy)|
|9th||14 votes||Kyaru (Princess Connect! Re: Dive)|
|10th||13 votes||Noa (Little Noa)|
Q11. Which anime based on Cygames titles did you like the most?
Not much choices, to be honest, but the top three at least goes to:
#1: Umamusume Pretty Derby (466 votes)
- Great balance of genres
- Infused hard with actual history
#2: Princess Connect! Re: Dive (568 votes)
- Laid-back fantasy slice of life evenly sprinkled with serious elements
- It’s like watching the franchise from an alternate perspective
#3: Zombieland Saga (121 votes)
- Oddball, but by-the-book funny all around
- Good hotbed of memes
Q12. Which manga titles did you like with the Saicomi app?
This is the separate manga publication affiliate owned by the company.
|1st||87 votes||The Idol Master Cinderella Girls After 20|
|2nd||86 votes||The Idol Master Cinderella Girls U149|
|3rd||53 votes||Zombieland Saga|
|4th||39 votes||Seton Academy: Join the Pack!|
|5th||33 votes||Ashita, Watashi wa Dare-ka no Kanojo|
|6th||30 votes||Isekai Bishoujo Juniku Ojisan to|
|6th||30 votes||Ima Doki no Wakai Mon wa|
|8th||25 votes||Tsuyoshi: Dare mo Katenai, Aitsu ni wa|
|9th||14 votes||Hina: Nezukerareta Koyaku-tachi|
|10th||12 votes||Isekai Shachou: Maou-gun de Nariagaru!|
Q13. Have you attended any Cygames offline (live) event?
Includes game-specific “Fes” events, but mostly dealing with CygamesFes live events. Unsurprisingly, a good chunk of them never attended any.
- No – 68.6%
- Just once – 12.5%
- Twice of thrice – 12.1%
- More than four times – 7.0%
Q14. What were/are you excited about in these live events?
Responses range from the pilgrimage-level religiosity, to the more mundane, “I just like the stands.”
- Staff and cast related stage events (410 votes)
- Item stands, sales goods (260 votes)
- “Others” (117 votes)
- Realistic recreations (of in-game settings, items, etc.) (85 votes)
- Themes and attractions (64 votes)
- Food product collabs (64 votes)
Q15. What games would you like to be developed and released in the future?
And lastly, RPG massively wins by a sweeping number of votes.
|6th||54 votes||Visual Novels|